Website suspensions occur generally for one of two reasons;
1. Invoice was unpaid
In the case of suspension for non payment, per our Terms of Service (https://www.totalserversolutions.com/terms-of-service.php), invoices are sent out 10 days prior to the due date. Credit cards on file are charged automatically on the due date. If payment is not collected, a notice is sent on that day, followed by the third and fourth day following the due date. If payment has not been made five days following the due date, the account is subject to suspension.
If the invoice is not paid 20 days following the due date, your account is subject to termination. There are penalties and fees associated with suspensions and terminations. Please review them at the above link.
2. Abuse of the server
- a script on your website using an excessive amount of system resources
- a script used to maliciously attack the server
- a script used for spamming other addresses
- any combination of the above.
Under these situations, websites are suspended pending investigation. Once the investigation is completed your site may be:
- re-enabled with password protection pending changes by the customer
- re-enabled with removed files
- re-enabled with NO files