If you have trouble accessing your cPanel account or FTP account it could be because your IP address used at your location is blocked by your server firewall. Also, if you think your IP is being blocked by your server firewall please do not hesitate to submit a ticket.
Simply do the following when you submit the ticket:
- go to whatsmyip.org
- Make sure the IP is the IP your trying to use to access cPanel or your FTP account.
If you have a dedicated server or VPS and you would like to check for this, simply do the following:
- Login to WHM (Yourdomain.com/whm)
- Look to your left and scroll all the way down and find configServer Security & Firewall
- Click the link and scroll down till you find Search for IP button and add your IP in the box to the right and click search
- If your IP is listed then scroll up and find Remove Deny button and add your IP in the box and click the button
Your IP will be removed from the firewall and you will be able to access your site, cPanel or FTP account from then on.
Also, we might ask you to do a tracert or ping your IP for us so do the following:
- Open a Command window (Click Start, then RUN, then type "cmd" and press enter)
- At the prompt type "ping YOURDOMAIN" replacing YOURDOMAIN with your actual domain name.
- It should return with a set of IP numbers matching your server's IP.
- If it does not, you can run a Trace for us on the domain;
- type "tracert YOURDOMAIN" and then paste the results to this ticket