1) Log into cPanel
2) Click on "MySQL Databases" under the databases section:
3) Type the database name (typically "cart", "blog", "xcart", etc), then click to create the database:
4) Give it a few moments, and cPanel will create the new database. Click to return to the previous page:
5) Scroll down a bit, and you'll see an option to create a database user. Fill in the user and a strong password, then click to create the user:
- The database user password is case sensitive.
- Please be sure to keep the password on hand - you'll need it to connect to your database later.
6) Give it a moment, and cPanel will create the new cpanel user. Click to return to the previous page:
7) Scroll to the bottom, and you'll see the option to add the user to the database. Select the appropriate user and database from the dropdown options, then click "Add":
8) Select the privileges you'd like to assign to the user. (Typically all), then click to save the changes:
9) You should be able to use the following information to install your program:
Database: cpaneluser_dbname (including the cpaneluser_ prefix and substituting your actual cpanel username)
Username: cpaneluser_dbuser (including the cpaneluser_ prefix and substituting your actual cpanel username)