How to Generate an SSL Key in cPanel:
1) Log into cPanel
2) Click on "SSL/TLS Manager":
3) Click on "Generate, view, upload or delete your private keys":
4) Generate the key file:
a) Select the appropriate key size from the dropdown option
b) Type your domain in the description field. (If you want the www. subdomain to work with ssl, please include it here)
c) Click to generate the key
5) cPanel will generate a new key for you. This key will be required to generate a CSR. You will also need it in order to install the SSL certificate.
- Please note: beforae you can generate a KEY file, you must first be sure you are on a hosting package that supports a Dedicated IP number. If you do not have a Dedicated IP number you will not see the icons in your control panel to generate a KEY or Install an SSL Cert. For information on how to upgrade your hosting package, click here. Please contact customer support at http://portal.my-tss.com to request a Dedicated IP.
- If you have not already chosen an SSL Company, please check out https://totalserversolutions.com/ssl-certificates.php